The Great Parasolverse read along continues with Heartless, my play on a cozy mystery. What, you didn’t think that’s what was going on?
Heartless released in July of 2011.
Here are some fun blog posts and resources that tie to this book. Research, chattering, and amusement on the subject of Sherlock, burning down Victorian London, getting clumsy comedy out of unsuspecting pregnant friends, and other good times.
Will Alexia manage to determine who is trying to kill Queen Victoria before it is too late? Is it the vampires again or is there a traitor lurking about in wolf’s clothing? And what, exactly, has taken up residence in Lord Akeldama’s second best closet?
Heartless was a New York Times, Locus, USA Today, Publishers Weekly, and Barnes & Noble/B. Dalton; made Locus Recommended Reading list (2011) and Locus Poll for Best Fantasy Novel #14 (2012); and was nominated for the Prix des Imaginales (2011).
Heartless also got the highest of any of my books in the mass market lists (#11).
Things Pertaining to This Book
- Victorian Pregnancy Research
- In Which Gail Provides a List of Silly UK Place Names . . . Because She Can
- Technological Change in Steampunk Worldbuilding
- Dustave Doré & Victorian London’s Suburbs
- Authorial Research for Heartless (Behind the Magic)
- Heartless Research and Other Mysteries of Clark Kenting
- In Which Gail Must Look Up 7 Strange Things for Heartless
- The Range of Cover Art in Heartless
- Blog posts specific to Heartless
All About Vampires!
- Victorian Slang for Lord Akeldama
- Countess Nadasdy character design board and Character Study blog post
- Westminster hive design board
- The countess and her hive reappear in Romancing the Inventor
I hope you enjoy the great purple beasty!
Yours (rarely in purple),
- Want more sneak peeks, free goodies, gossip, behind the scenes info? This stuff goes to my Chirrup members, because I love them bestest. Sign up here.
- Not into newsletters? Get only new releases by following Gail on Amazon or BookBub!
OUT MAY 18, 2019! More PURPLE
The 5th Gender (A Tinkered Stars Mystery as G. L. Carriger).
Sci-fi queer romance meets cozy mystery in which a hot space station cop meets the most adorable purple alien ever (lavender, pulease!) from a race with 5 genders.
- Reticence, The 4th and final Custard Protocol book. August 6, 2019
- Fan Service Omnibus, October 2019 to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Soulless.
- Need to know what Gail is writing right now? That’s in the Chirrup.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
60 of the Best, Steamiest Romance Novel Covers for Your Viewing and Reading Pleasure
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
“Just write every day of your life. Read intensely. Then see what happens. Most of my friends who are put on that diet have very pleasant careers.”
~ Ray Bradbury
40+ Paranormal Romance Books with Bite (Soulless on this list)
Quote of the Day: