Our example is the Parasol Protectorate books but you can do this with any genre book, I think. Imagine how fun it would be to theme The Eyre Affair basket!
1. Order signed from Borderlands (Definitely get your request in before Dec 15th, that’s the last time I’ll be able to get in to sign stock for them before the holidays.)
2. Source a vintage looking basket, possibly from a local thrift store
3. Fill with accompanying fun items, many of which might also be found at a thrift store
- For nesting: Octopus Scarf
- Octopus cup or octopus surprise mug
- Stuffed octopus
- Octopus ice cube tray
- Antique Style Octopus Ring
- Octopus Ring Holder
- Amethyst Vintage Style Octopus Brooch
- Finger Tentacles
- Octopus socks
- Parasol with octopus on it
- Amazing Brian Kesinger’s Tea Girls print
- Copious british nibbles including underseea cookies
- Octopus kindle cover
- 4-Legged Octopus USB Hub
- Gamochonia Nature Art Print Poster by Ernst Haeckel
- Companion book: Steampunk Reloaded or An Octopus Is Amazing
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
John Cleese – a lecture on Creativity Youtube
PROJECT ROUND UP
Prudence ~ The Parasol Protectorate Abroad Book the First: Working first draft.
Curtsies & Conspiracies ~ The Finishing School Book the Second: Title changed. Copy edits done and in!
Manga ~ Soulless Vol. 2: (AKA Changeless) Out now!
Etiquette & Espionage ~ Finishing School Book the First: Release date Feb 5, 2013.
BIG FAT SPOILER ALERT on the Parasol Protectorate series! Really, DON’T READ THE BLURB ON AMAZON if you haven’t read the other books first!
The Omnibus hardback editions are limited run through the SciFi Bookclub only.
The manga editions, both now available in print.
Most short stories available in ebook form world wide!
The first Finishing School book ~ Out Feb. 5, 2013
Quote of the Day:
“Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in? I think that’s how dogs spend their lives.”
~ Sue Murphy