The most common question I get at this juncture in my career?
IN WHAT ORDER SHOULD I READ YOUR BOOKS?
HERE IS THE DEFINITIVE GAIL CARRIGER BOOK READING ORDER
1. The Curious Case short story
2. The Finishing School series
(4 YA books, starting with Etiquette & Espionage)
3. The Delightfully Deadly novellas
4. The Parasol Protectorate series
(5 books, starting with Soulless)
5. Romancing the Inventor novella
6. Prudence & Imprudence
(First 2 Custard Protocol Books, Rue’s POV)
7. Romancing the Werewolf novella
8. The Claw & Courtship novellas
9. Competence & Reticence
(3rd & 4th Custard Protocol books, the twins’ POVs) * ongoing
10. The San Andreas Shifter series
(3 PNR books, start with a prequel short, Marine Biology) * ongoing
The 5th Gender
The Tinkered Stars series
(2 YA sci-fi, starting with Crudrat) * ongoing
All that said, my books are designed so that you should be able to pick up any one of the novellas or the first book in any of the series and use that as a jumping in point, or simply to decide if you like my style of writing.
Hopefully this makes sense.
Here’s a video!
In the above I walk you through my books in chronological order (as of early 2019) and suggested reading order.
- Things a Lady Would Like to Know by Henry Southgate
- Mangnall’s Questions (In which I get cute and pretend Mangnall Wrote My Author Bio)
- A Thousand Miles Up the Nile by Amelia Edwards
Not All Fans Agree With Me!
Reading order is hotly contested by my fans. As a completest, I myself would read them in chronological order as above. However, most of the members of my Facebook Group contend they ought to be read in order written.
So if you started with Soulless then this is for you!
- Parasol Protectorate
- Finishing School
- Delightfully Deadly
- Custard Protocol
- Supernatural Society
- Claw & Courtship
- San Andreas Shifters
- Tinkered Stars
Would you like all the Parasolverse books…
In world chronological order?
- Did you miss my latest release? Want extras and sneak peeks? That stuff goes to my Chirrup members, because I love them bestest. Sign up here.
- Not into newsletters? Get only new releases by following Gail on Amazon or BookBub!
- Coop de Book for August is A Duke by Default by Alyssa Cole. This couple reminds me of a contemporary Conall & Alexia. (Discussion here.)
Competence by Gail Carriger is the third in the Custard Protocol series featuring Primrose, Rue, and all their crazy friends..
All alone in Singapore, proper Miss Primrose Tunstell must steal helium to save her airship, the Spotted Custard, in a scheme involving a lovesick werecat and a fake fish tail.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Quote of the Day:
“Now, Faith dear…”
“Of course, you look absolutely ravishing, but perhaps no mention of rocks right away?”
“Not a single sedimentary sequence shall pass my lips, I promise.” Faith attempted to look grave.
“I don’t know what that means, dear, but thank you.”
~ Gail Carriger, How To Marry A WerewolfClaw & Courtship, Custard Protocol, Delightfully Deadly, Finishing School, Parasol Protectorate, San Andreas Shifters, Short Story, Special Extras, Supernatural Society, Tinkered Stars