The most common question I get at this juncture in my career?
IN WHAT ORDER SHOULD I READ YOUR BOOKS?
HERE IS THE DEFINITIVE GAIL CARRIGER BOOK READING ORDER
1. The Curious Case short story
2. The Finishing School series
(start with Etiquette & Espionage)
3. The Delightfully Deadly books
4. The Parasol Protectorate series
(start with Meat Cute)
5. Romancing the Inventor novella
6. Prudence & Imprudence
(First 2 Custard Protocol Books, Rue’s POV)
7. Romancing the Werewolf novella
8. Competence & Reticence
(3rd & 4th Custard Protocol books, the twins’ POVs)
9. The Claw & Courtship books
10. The San Andreas Shifter series
(3 PNR books, start with a prequel short, Marine Biology) * ongoing
The Tinkered Stars series
(sci-fi, starting with Crudrat or The 5th Gender)
All that said, my books are designed so that you should be able to pick up any one of the novellas or the first book in any of the series and use that as a jumping in point, or simply to decide if you like my style of writing.
Hopefully this makes sense.
Here’s a full explanation video (end of 2021).
And here is what the office looked like after I completed the above video:
Here’s an earlier video with many of the book on a shelf, in which I also talk about some research books.
In the above I walk you through my books in chronological order (as of early 2019) and suggested reading order.
- Things a Lady Would Like to Know by Henry Southgate
- Mangnall’s Questions (In which I get cute and pretend Mangnall Wrote My Author Bio)
- A Thousand Miles Up the Nile by Amelia Edwards
Not All Fans Agree With Me!
Reading order is hotly contested by my fans. As a completest, I myself would read them in chronological order as above. However, most of the members of my Facebook Group contend they ought to be read in order written.
So if you started with Soulless then this is for you!
- Parasol Protectorate
- Finishing School
- Delightfully Deadly
- Custard Protocol
- Supernatural Society
- Claw & Courtship
- San Andreas Shifters
- Tinkered Stars
Would you like all the Parasolverse books…
In world chronological order?
Written Order (by publication date)
Hopefully you’ve found what you needed, if not please leave a comment?
- Did you want extras and sneak peeks? That stuff goes to my Chirrup members, because I love them bestest. Sign up here.
- Not into newsletters? Get only new releases by following Gail on Amazon or BookBub!
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Quote of the Day:
“Now, Faith dear…”
“Of course, you look absolutely ravishing, but perhaps no mention of rocks right away?”
“Not a single sedimentary sequence shall pass my lips, I promise.” Faith attempted to look grave.
“I don’t know what that means, dear, but thank you.”
~ Gail Carriger, How To Marry A WerewolfClaw & Courtship, Custard Protocol, Delightfully Deadly, Finishing School, Parasol Protectorate, San Andreas Shifters, Short Story, Special Extras, Supernatural Society, Tinkered Stars