Romancing the Werewolf is the third novella I wrote and my first gay romance.
Romancing the Werewolf released in November of 2017
Here are some fun blog posts and resources that tie to Biffy & Lyall, reunion romances, not to mention writing the most requested story for the most popular side couple.
Biffy, newly minted Alpha of the London Pack, is not having a good Christmas. His Beta abandoned him. His werewolves object to his curtain choices. And someone keeps leaving human babies on his doorstep.
This was a joy to write, I have always enjoyed reunion romances. And even though it was much anticipated, for some reason I didn’t feel the pressure with this one. I think because I just KNEW Biffy and Lyall so well, and I knew how they fit.
Also it was fun to do something set during the winter holidays. I don’t normally do Christmas type stuff, but I had a good time with this one not to mention the weird cult ritual aspect (and yes I am comparing leaving squash on a doorstep to erecting a tree in a living room because equally weird.)
Did you notice the opening sequence is a Biffy POV scene from Timeless that I rewrote from Lyall’s POV? Aren’t I a tricky bit of baggage?
Things Pertaining to This Book
- Blog posts specific to Romancing the Werewolf
- The Pinterest story board for this book
- Lots of FAQs & Ketchup & Useful Links on this book
- Sucker for Sidekicks, Biffy & Lyall & So Many More
- Beta Heroes & Lyall Deleted Scene!
- A Great Deal Of Waffle About Werewolves in History
- Your Questions Answered!
Characters In Depth
- Biffy & Lyall fan art by Ace Artemis
- London Pack design board. I didn’t put too much into coloring Conall’s pack in until they became Biffy’s.
- Professor Lyall character design board. Lyall was built as a foil to Lord Maccon and increasing I fell in love with him. He shows up in most of my series in some form or another. Professor Randolph Lyall Original Character Study
- Biffy character design board (Biffy started out a very minor character, I never intended his art to be so dramatic he has an increasingly large roll in the Parasol Protectorate series before this book. He shows up again in the Custard Protocol series and How to Marry a Werewolf.)
- Biffy character study in depth.
- Soulless Manga Art Launch ~ Professor Lyall
I also have a Pinterest board full of Queer History
- Menswear Basics ~ Hacking Style for Dudes from a Werewolf Dandy
- Men of Steampunk Style ~ From Biffy to Lyall with Everything In Between
- Men’s Fashion Retrospective ~ Victorian Fashion Before 1900
Romancing the Werewolf reviews!
Book Loving Nut says:
“I would give this book 6 nuts is such a thing existed. That’s not a joke or exaggeration, I loved this book that much. While it’s the second of the Supernatural Society novellas, it is without doubt first in my heart and probably my favorite piece of Parasolverse writing.”
“After Lyall and Biffy’s bittersweet parting in Timeless, I was so ready for a reunion between the two of them set at Christmas and Romancing the Werewolf certainly scratched that itch.”
The Smut Report says:
“All in all, this book is enjoyable. Biffy and Lyall are likeable characters, and I find Carriger’s writing generally delightful…”
Yours with adorable werewolves,
- Want more behind the scenes info? This stuff goes to my Chirrup members, because I love them bestest. Sign up here.
- Not into newsletters? Get only new releases by following Gail on Amazon or BookBub!
The 5th Gender (A Tinkered Stars Mystery as G. L. Carriger).
Sci-fi queer romance meets cozy mystery in which a hot space station cop meets the most adorable purple alien ever (lavender, pulease!) from a race with 5 genders.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
“The best way to send information is to wrap it up in a person.”
~ Robert Oppenheimer
Quote of the Day:
“What I really thought was that I had ordered a goat when I was drunk and forgot.”
~ Borderlands Books’ hilarious “Overheard in the store” April News
Tags: ROMANCING THE WEREWOLF