Let’s talk about one of my favorite things, Gentle Reader, Victorian FOOD!
Here’s all things…
- Planning a Traditional Victorian Dinner Party & A Victorian Meal in Modern Times
- Stocking Your Victorian Kitchen, 1888
- How the Victorians Describe Italian Food
- Weird Victorian Recipe Moment – Sweet Macaroni Pudding
- In Which Tamora Pierce Has Victorian Breakfast Consequences
- Gail’s Favorite Recipes to Cook & Bake
- Gail’s 9 Favorite Dishes, plus 1864 Etiquette & Victorian Food Euphemisms
- Foolish Victorian Food
- A Conflagration of Research: Victorians & Food, Etiquette, Photo Resources
- Victorians Followed These Rules About Dining Etiquette
- The BBC talks Victorian food
And here’s some fun stuff I’ve written about tea over the years…
Gail Carriger & Tea
- How to Throw Your Own Parasol Protectorate High Tea
- How to Throw a Soulless High Tea ~ Inebriating Beverages
- Pairing Gail Carriger Books with Tea & Nibbles
- All About Tea from Gail Carriger! The History of Tea in the Victorian Era
- Tea Glossary and Tea Terms of the 18th and 19th Centuries
- Jane Austen’s Tea Things
I’m at Teslacon for the rest of this week. I hope to see some of you there.
Do please come say hello and introduce yourself. I’ll be happy to sign any books you have.
I have a panel on each of my steampunk book series…
- Friday 12:30pmThe Parasol Protectorate series (St. Paul’s Room)
- Saturday 3:30pmThe Finishing School series (St. Paul’s Room)
- Sunday 11:00am The Custard Protocol series (Tower Bridge Room)
And I’m hosting two high teas in the Balmoral Room! Tickets required ahead of time.
- Friday at 2:00pm
- Saturday at 9:30am
And I have on Victorian cooking Friday at 3:30pm in St. Paul’s Room.
Did you miss that I was going to be at Teslacon? This stuff goes to my Chirrup members, because I love them bestest. Sign up here.
“Max was slouched on the steps leading up to his apartment eating a bag of gummy wolf candy,
biting the heads off with relish and staring hard at Skulls.”
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Steampunk Inspiration: A World Tour
We asked 10 authors to suggest their top travel destinations for steampunks (Gail is on this list)
Quote of the Day:
“Why does everyone think a girl who prefers books to people must be in want of a life?”
~ Lauren MorrillEvent, Special Extras, Steampunk, Tea & Victorian Food