Some odd things I’ve had to look up, so far, for Book the Third:
- Species of daphne
- The name of the knob thing at the top of a banister (finial)
- The anatomy of a ladybug (part of the beetle family, as it turns out)
- Actual definition of a portmanteau
- History of Soho
- The name of Elizabeth Gaskell’s cat
- How to spell in flagrante delicto
Have I mentioned recently how much I enjoy being a writer?
In other news, gentle reader, I’m busily collecting public domain (or the equivalent) images of parasols on the Parasol Protectorate’s Facebook page. Please feel free to contribute your photo to the madness.
Gail’s Daily Dose
Your Infusion of Cute:
Your Tisane of Smart:
Fashion Geek how to tech up your wardrobe.
Your Writerly Tinctures:
Did Random House’s free online book releases affect sales?
CAKE in Space: Finished Draft 2.
Soulless: Awaiting ARC distribution.
Steampunk short: I should probably do something with this now.
Changeless: Gone poof. Starting to gather corrections.
Quote of the Day:
“Writers, like teeth, are divided inot incisors and grinders.”
~ Walter Bagehot