I have this lovely Harper’s Bazaar from 1891, Fashionable Reader, given to me by a lovely fan.
I finally got around to scanning some of the images. Here are a few for you, the kind of things Rue & Prim might wear in the Custard Protocol series.
“We are told that several ladies have actually appeared in public without gloves; no gloves! Do not these two words imply a verdict of vulgarity?”
~ 1873 Fashion Papers
This post originally appeared in Retro Rack.
‘Bring my shaving things.’
A gleam of hope shone in the man’s eye, mixed with doubt.
‘You mean, sir?’
‘And shave off my moustache.’
There was a moment’s silence. I could see the fellow was deeply moved.
‘Thank you very much indeed, sir,’ he said, in a low voice.
~ Carry On, Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse
Yours in fashion forward military inspired dresses,
- Want more behind the scenes info? This stuff goes to my Chirrup members, because I love them bestest. Sign up here.
- Not into newsletters? Get only new releases by following Gail on Amazon or BookBub!
The 5th Gender (A Tinkered Stars Mystery as G. L. Carriger).
Sci-fi queer romance meets cozy mystery in which a hot space station cop meets the most adorable purple alien ever (lavender, pulease!) from a race with 5 genders.
- Reticence, The 4th and final Custard Protocol book. Aug 6, 2019
- Fan Service Omnibus (SOLD OUT), Oct 2019 to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Soulless.
- Need to know what Gail is writing right now? That’s in the Chirrup.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
“[N]ever do tomorrow what you can do today. Procrastination is the thief of time.”
~ Charles Dickens, David Copperfield
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
“One should never use exclamation points in writing. It is like laughing at your own joke.”
~ Mark Twain
“The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what fiction means.”
~ Oscar Wilde
Quote of the Day:
“How do I know what I think until I see what I say?”
~ E. M. Forster