I’m at Teslacon for the rest of this week. I hope to see some of you there.
Do please come say hello and introduce yourself. I’ll be happy to sign any books you have.
I have a panel on each of my steampunk book series…
- Friday 12:30pmThe Parasol Protectorate series (St. Paul’s Room)
- Saturday 3:30pmThe Finishing School series (St. Paul’s Room)
- Sunday 11:00am The Custard Protocol series (Tower Bridge Room)
And I’m hosting two high teas in the Balmoral Room! Tickets required ahead of time.
- Friday at 2:00pm
- Saturday at 9:30am
And I have on Victorian cooking Friday at 3:30pm in St. Paul’s Room.
Want to read more on things I talked about? Can’t make the con?
Here’s all things…
- Planning a Traditional Victorian Dinner Party & A Victorian Meal in Modern Times
- Stocking Your Victorian Kitchen, 1888
- How the Victorians Describe Italian Food
- Weird Victorian Recipe Moment – Sweet Macaroni Pudding
- In Which Tamora Pierce Has Victorian Breakfast Consequences
- Gail’s Favorite Recipes to Cook & Bake
- Gail’s 9 Favorite Dishes, plus 1864 Etiquette & Victorian Food Euphemisms
- Foolish Victorian Food
- A Conflagration of Research: Victorians & Food, Etiquette, Photo Resources
And here’s some fun stuff I’ve written about tea over the years…
Gail Carriger & Tea
- How to Throw Your Own Parasol Protectorate High Tea
- How to Throw a Soulless High Tea ~ Inebriating Beverages
- Pairing Gail Carriger Books with Tea & Nibbles
- All About Tea from Gail Carriger! The History of Tea in the Victorian Era
Did you miss that I was going to be at Teslacon? This stuff goes to my Chirrup members, because I love them bestest. Sign up here.
“Max was slouched on the steps leading up to his apartment eating a bag of gummy wolf candy,
biting the heads off with relish and staring hard at Skulls.”
- The 5th Gender (a tinkered stars sci-fi under the G. L. Carriger pen name). No links as yet, wait for it…
- Secret Project Ommm, coming October 2019 to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Soulless.
- Need to know more about what Gail is writing right now? That’s in the Chirrup.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Steampunk Inspiration: A World Tour
We asked 10 authors to suggest their top travel destinations for steampunks (Gail is on this list)
Quote of the Day:
“Why does everyone think a girl who prefers books to people must be in want of a life?”
~ Lauren Morrill